Since launching this campaign, several anonymous members who work within Jewish educational institutions requested resources for talking about the Occupation. IfNotNow does not claim to be experts in educational pedagogy or curriculum development, but we do want to offer some resources to educators thinking critically about comprehensive Israel education. We know there is a wealth of information about the occupation out in the world — this is only a small selection
Note: The resources IfNotNow is providing do not equal an endorsement of the views of the author or the resource themselves.
Side by Side: Parallel Histories of Israel-Palestine
Palestinian Identity, Rashid Khalidi
Said, Edward and Christopher Hitchens. Blaming the Victims: Spurious Scholarship and the Palestinian Question. (London: Verson, 2001)
Rogan, Eugene L. and Avi Shlaim, eds. The War for Palestine: Rewriting the History of 1948
Tessler, Mark. A History of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. Laqueur, Walter and Barry Rubin, eds. The Israel-Arab Reader.
Benny Morris “Righteous Victims”
Our Harsh Logic: Israeli Soldiers' Testimonies from the Occupied Territories, 2000-2010
- Oz, Amos. In the Land of Israel. (New York: Vintage Books, 1984).
- A Tale of Love and Darkness, Amoz Oz
- Kanafani, Ghassan. Men in the Sun. (Boulder, CO: Lynne Reinner, 1999).
- Ghassan Kanafani “Palestine’s Children and other stories.”
- Mahmoud Darwish, Memory for Foregetfulness
- Mahmoud Darwish, “The Butterfly’s Burden”
- Hala Alyan “Salt Houses”
- Mourid Barghouti, “I saw Ramallah.”
- Goldberg, Brett. A Psalm in Jenin. (Israel: Modan, 2003).
- The Lemon Tree, Sandy Tolan
- Dancing Arabs (or in Hebrew, Aravim Rokdim), Sayed Qashua